Postdoctoral Fellowships at the Research Centre for History and Culture
The Research Centre for History and Culture (RCHC) was co-founded by Beijing Normal University (BNU) and BNU-HKBU United International College (UIC) in Zhuhai, China.
Through focused research on major ancient civilizations both in China and abroad, RCHC conjugates expertise in Eastern and Western research and improves traditional knowledge with innovative methods. By means of rigorous interdisciplinary research, RCHC aims at contributing to cultivate and advance various disciplines of history and culture, as well as to create a large scientific network with rich humanistic quality and international vision.
The Post-doctoral Fellows are expected to conduct innovative research in the area of their specialisation.With the double affiliation to BNU and UIC, they will benefit from simultaneous access to the thriving multi-cultural academic communities and the facilities at both institutions.
The Centre now invites applications around the globe from different fields of ancient civilizations such as history, literature, linguistics, religious studies, art history, archaeology, codicology, epigraphy, philosophy, ethnography as well from a wide range of areas of specialization, such as Sinology, Indology, Egyptology, Oriental Studies, African studies, Greco-Roman studies, Middle Eastern studies, Eastern Asian studies, Persian studies, Judaic studies, Biblical studies, Islamic studies, Buddhist studies, South-East Asian studies, etc.
1. Applicants should hold PhD degrees from well-known universities or research institutes in China or abroad.
2. Applicants should be under the age of 35 and received their PhD for less than 3 years prior to their postdoctoral application. Full-time work at BNU Zhuhai is required during the postdoctoral program (Two years)
3. Good command of listening, speaking, reading and writing in English.
4. With high-profile research outputs in the past 5 years.
Remuneration and Benefits
(1) Category I:
The annual salary is RMB400,000 (pretax) for exceptional candidates with strong innovation capabilities, those who make it to the National Postdoctoral Program for Innovative Talents, Postdoctoral International Exchange Program, or equivalent programs.
(2) Category II:
For each successful candidate who qualifies for postdoc admission criteria of RCHC and pledges to meet the host’s evaluation criteria for leaving the station, the annual salary is RMB300,000 (pretax).
(3) Each successful candidate is entitled to a research start-up fund of RMB50,000.
(4) Apartments for rent are available to successful candidates. The successful candidates can register their children for Jinfeng Primary School or Jinding Junior High school during their stay at BNU.
RCHC will organize a preliminary review first. After the announcement of shortlist, BNU will conduct expert panel evaluations to determine the successful candidates.
Applications are accepted until 31 December 2022.
To apply, please send your application letter (1-2 pages), CV, research plan for the duration of post-doctoral appointment at RCHC and BNU (up to 3 pages), and up to 3 representative research papers in one PDF. Please indicate “RCHC-BNU postdoc application + your name” in the subject line of your application email. In addition, please instruct two academic referees to submit their recommendation letters. All parts of your application (including recommendation letters) should be sent to:
Name: Ms. Wu Xuemei